Meeting Minutes

Moderators: ratboy, vudu

videogirl32

Re: Meeting Minutes

Post by videogirl32 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:16 am

July Meeting Minutes
In attendance: Eric, Ryan, Tony, Tim, Kris, Mike B., Jon, Ray and Donna

We have a work day scheduled for this Sunday at 8am. Things that are scheduled for repairs include, 8th wonder berm (needs lots of love) huge hole at the bottom near the end, as well as refill and pack dirt on the berm itself. A couple of bridges also need some attention and some have a few broken/missing boards. We discussed a few options for repairing the berms in South Canada and are going to try a couple of things to try to make them a little more sustainable.

NOLA Motor Sports have given us access to approximately 85 acres of land to build a trail on. They will be assisting us with the project which we hope to begin working on in mid-November after the current racing season is finished. The location has a little more elevation than that of the Spillway, is located on private property and has lots of potential. More info on this as we get into the fundamentals of it’s development.

Don’t forget the next TT will be on July 28th . More fun and prizes to compete for at the annual Tour de France themed event!

Preparations for our two big races coming up the Spillway Scramble and the ROTD are getting underway. Logo design for the ROTD was voted upon last night and discussion for the SS which is being worked on now. I will have it ready for the next meeting.

If anyone has contacts that would be willing to make donations for either/or both races, please let me know. We are looking for items to give away (swag) especially for the SS as it is the season finale!

Hope to see MORE of you at the next meeting… remember they are every second Wednesday of the month at Rotolo’s Pizzeria on Veterans Blvd at 7pm.

Get on your bike and ride until next time…
Donna

That's us

Post by That's us » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:15 pm

New trail! Sounds awesome :)
"there's someone in my head, but it's not me" R. Waters

videogirl32

Post by videogirl32 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:16 pm

August Meeting Minutes

This month will be short and sweet. We had our meeting at our usual spot - Rotolo's in Metairie, with 13 of us in attendance (Ryan, Tony, Ricky, Adam, Sarah, Jon, Trudy, Cody, Rob, Bryan, Brent, Mike B and myself).

First up was a thank you to all that attended the recent workday at the trail. A lot was accomplished including a couple of re-routes to avoid some issue spots on the trail. Please don't move or go around the log barricades, they are placed there for a reason! It was also mentioned that major repairs (aka reconstruction) to the hourglass bridge are needed. There will be a day set up to tackle the bridge work watch the fb page for more details.

Details were worked out for the upcoming races - ROTD (RACE OF THE DEAD) & the Spillway Scramble. We will be setting up a pre-registration site for the ROTD this year. Pre-registrants will save $5 on their entry fee! So watch for pre-registration notification and get signed up! Race fees will be: $20 (pre-regs) and $25 day of race. Flyers will be posted online and distributed in the next few days! ROTD is set for Oct. 26th so mark your calendars now!

The Spillway Scramble preps are also underway... I can't give you too many details but suffice it to say it will be a PARTY!!! That race will be on November 16th as we end a crazy year of mountain biking in Louisiana. We will be posting more as it gets closer to the event.

Enjoy the remnants of summer and get ready for the second half of the race season!

Donna